Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Long-term Care
Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Long-term Care with Health Staffing!
Work Sites: Multiple
Status: Casual Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $30 - $36 per hour
Hours: 0700-1500/1500-2300/2300-0700Apply Now
- Perform the full scope of practical nursing functions for clients with predictable outcomes including activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team and under general supervision and support the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes.
- You will work under the direction of an RN for patients where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated medication administration skills as outlined in the LPN Scope of Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client and family care.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and coach team members to promote an efficient and effective team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and be resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust communication to suit the recipient and/or situation within a complex community environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, one to one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration/consultation with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain priorities.
- Demonstrated word processing and database skills and computer literacy to operate a computerized client and scheduling information system.
- Ability to operate any other related and/or necessary equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Health Staffing must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.Apply Now