Registered Care Aide (RCA) - Long-term Care
Come work as a Registered Care Aide in Long-term care with Health Staffing!
Work Sites: Multiple
Status: Casual Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $25 - $27 per hour
Hours: 2 hour to 12 hour shiftsApply Now
Health Staffing is looking for a Registered Care Aide interested in a long-term care assignment. Apply today to join our team!
- Working under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members to assist in the delivery of client care.
- Following established care plans provides personal care; bathes, grooms, dresses, assists with meals and oral hygiene and performs nursing care duties as applicable.
- Responding to call bells/alarms.
- Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reports/records significant observations.
- Utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provides assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 (including English 10).
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and proficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively and respectfully.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment (such as Patient Care Information Systems).
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Health Staffing must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.Apply Now