Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Emergency with Health Staffing!
Work Sites: Multiple
Status: Casual Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $44 - $61 per hour
Hours: 0700-1500/0700-1900/2300-0700Apply Now
- Provide emergency nursing to clients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment, and to unique client populations such as victims of sexual assault.
- Assess client needs and prioritizes care requirements, often with limited information.
- Stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims and prepare for and respond to disaster situations.
- Enhance the quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care team members.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to emergency care nursing.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Health Staffing must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.Apply Now