Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice Care
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Hospice Care with Health Staffing!
Work Sites: Multiple
Status: Casual Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $44 - $55 per hour (including travel)
Hours: 0700-1500/0700-1900/2300-0700Apply Now
Health Staffing is looking for a Registered Nurse interested in a long-term care assignment. Apply today to join our team!
This will be an on-site position in Vancouver but may expand to other travel locations as assignments arise. The rotation is to be developed with consideration of the successful Nurses' input, and the operational requirements of Health Staffing and the location's operational department. Travel, housing, and food allowances will be applicable.
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients of the Hospice Unit according to established policies and procedures including: assessing total physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs; planning, documenting and implementing care plans; evaluating effectiveness of care plans and making recommendations for changes where necessary.
- Previous one year nursing experience in palliative care or equivalent palliative care education and training.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with 2 year's nursing experience.
- Must hold current RN, Registered Nurse or RPN, Registered Psychiatric Nurse registration with BCCNM BC College of Nurses and Midwives.
- Occupational First Aid 1 (OFA1) required.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Course required.
- Experience in harm reduction practices and trauma informed approaches an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Enjoy working within a collaborative, dynamic, supportive team while making a genuine difference in the lives of those most vulnerable.
- To be an integral part of the interdisciplinary team by providing individualized quality hospice care to those most vulnerable, meeting the unique needs of patients with a limited life expectancy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Health Staffing must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.Apply Now